Android Sound is a site dedicated to music production on Android and Samsung devices. You will find recommended audio and music apps as well as hardware. This site is owned and operated by Jason Donnelly (Dj Puzzle). He is recognized in the industry as a THE goto man for royalty free loops. His work has been published by Sony Creative, Loopmasters, Xmix, Sound Trends, and many more. Subscribe to our RSS feed below to get updated when new apps are posted.
Make inspiring music creations with NodeBeat, the intuitive and fun visual music app for all ages. Whether you’re 5 or 105, NodeBeat will make you sound like a pro. Create your own music in a matter of minutes or listen to NodeBeat generate its own. Easily record and share your creations with friends. Discover your musical genius with NodeBeat!
★ Features Include ★
-Adjustable Node Physics
-Drag & drop to add and remove nodes
-Pitch Shift Audio
-Adjustable Tempo (BPM) & Note Beat
-Creative Sound Sculpting: Echo, Attack, Decay, Release
-Audio Waveform Adjustment (Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Square)
-Drum and Octave (pitched) Generators
-Record and email audio file
-Start/Stop Octave Generators by double tapping
-Sleep Timer for falling asleep to NodeBeat
-Shake to Clear Screen
The award-winning and bestselling MorphWiz has finally landed on Android as the fun and easy-to-use MorphWiz-Play!
MorphWiz, the brain child of Dream Theater keyboardist, Jordan Rudess, and award-winning developer, Kevin Chartier, took the music app business by storm, winning Billboard’s Best Music Creation App, the Best App Ever award for Best Music App, and an Electronic Musician Editor’s choice award. Jordan uses MorphWiz on stage and in the studio with his prog-metal band, Dream Theater.
MorphWiz-Play takes the deep synthesis and immersive visuals of MorphWiz and packages it into 30 custom presets programmed personally by the Wizard himself, Jordan Rudess.
You’ll love experimenting with all of the presets, and you will be blown away by one of the coolest methods of controlling sound that you’ve ever laid hands on.
Jordan states, “Our goal was to create an instrument that would allow the seamless morphing of the audio and visual domain while delivering a seamless musical experience. I believe the multitouch platform opens up a whole new world of creation for electronic musical instruments. MorphWiz features a totally unique pitch control system that is still uncharted territory in today’s musical instrument world. This is the heart of MorphWiz.”
Here are some highlights from the onboard patches!
Dream Machine – Slide through dreamy whole tone scales as the MorphWiz galaxy spins around your visual waveform!
Axis Of Love – Get physical with your device and move it all around to add cool FM synthesis and special FX to your sound.
Morphtronics – become immersed in an expressive melodic world where the sound echoes all around you.
Rush Analog – The classic analog filter sweep comes alive in this patch which we dedicate to the spirit of RUSH!
Morph Talker – Let MorphWiz do the talking and do watch your language as you slide around on the playing surface!
The Spirit Carries On – There is nothing like expressing a beautiful melody on MorphWiz and this patch i personally use to enjoy playing our Dream Theater song, entitled “Sprit Carries On.”
C Blues Tilt – We provide the right scale and the sounds so all you do is have to rock out and remember to move your device around to bring out the cool raspy blues tones! Try turning off the Lock Pitch switch as well to get the slippery bends that you need to get deep into the Blues!
MorphWiz-Play is an immersive audio-visual synthesizer
Includes 30 presets programmed by the Wizard himself, Jordan Rudess
A one-of-a-kind instrument with revolutionary pitch control
Fun for everyone from young children to seasoned musician
G-Stomper VA-Beast is a polyphonic virtual analog Synthesizer to produce complex synthetic sounds of any variety, designed for experienced sound designers as well as for complete beginners. So it’s up to you if you just explore the Factory sounds or if you start right away with designing your own sounds in impressive studio quality. Its sound capabilities paired with the intuitive and clearly laid out interface simply makes G-Stomper VA-Beast to the ultimate Mobile Synthesizer. You will be able to create the sounds you want, and you’ll do it faster than on any other mobile synthesizer.
What’s new in version 18.104.22.168
New Audio Session Recorder to record your live session in real-time as .wav
New LOCK MONO switch on the Mixer,FX,Master to to temporary work on the mix in mono
New MIDI setting to transpose incoming MIDI Notes by -6..+6 semitones
New MIDI IN/OUT indicator at the left side of play/stop/record
New Multi-Mute switch on the Mixer
New ‘Auto-Rearrange Sequence’ feature on Time Signature changes
• VA-Beast Synthesizer : Polyphonic Virtual Analog Performance Synthesizer (Advanced FM support, Waveform and Multi-Sample based Synthesis)
• VA-Beast Poly Grid : Polyphonic Step Sequencer, max 12 Tracks
• Line Mixer : Mixer with up to 12 Channels (Parametric 3-band Equalizer + Insert Effects per Channel)
• Effect Rack : 3 chainable Effect Units (43 Effect Types)
• Master Section : 2 Sum Effect Units (39 Effect Types)
• Timing & Measure : Tempo, Swing Quantization, Time Signature, Measure
• Piano Keyboard : On various Screens (8 Octaves switchable)
• 2 oscillator assemblies, each with 6 regular waveforms: saw, pulse, triangle, sine, noise, dual sine (allows up to 4-Operator FM)
• Full Multi-Sample support per oscillator (7th Waveform: PCM)
• Oscillator Sync
• Powerful Modulation Framework: FM, Differential FM, Filter Frequency/Resonance Modulation, Distortion, Distortion Ring Modulation (extra oscillator aboard), Ring Modulation
• 5 FM algorithms: PhaseFM (like in DX7), Log+, Log+/-, Lin+, Lin+/-
• 3 Modulation LFOs / per voice (usable in cycling or envelope mode).
• 3 Modulation Envelopes / per voice (usable in Attack Decay, Attack Hold Release or repeating AD mode)
• 2 Filter Sections, each with 8 filter types, each optionally with Keyboard Tracking
• 3 Dedicated ADSR Envelopes for filter frequency and Amplification
• Stereo Unison (up to 5 layers)
• Arpeggiator with 4 different operation modes in up to 4 Octaves
• Polyphonic Glide: Morph between complete chords
• Polyphonic Legato: Morph between complete chords without re-triggering the envelopes
• Chord Memory: Map complete chords to a single key
• Full round-trip MIDI integration (IN/OUT), Android 3.1+: USB (host), Android 6+: USB (host+peripheral) + Bluetooth (host)
• High Quality Audio Engine (32bit float DSP algorithms)
• Effect Types: 4 Compressor/Limiter types, 4 (8-Band) Vocoders, 7 Resonant Filters, Gate, Transient Shaper, Chorus/Flanger, 2 Phasers, Vibrato, Auto Panner, 5 Delays, 2 Reverbs, Pitch Shifter, Granulator, Stereo Enhancer, Exciter, Bottom Booster, Bit Crusher, Waveshaper, Distortion, 2 Overdrives, Saturation, Bender Distortion, 2 Equalizers
+ Side Chain Support, Tempo sync, Tempo synchable LFO’s, Envelope Followers
• Tablet optimized, Portrait Mode for 5 inch and bigger screens
• Full Motion Sequencing/Automation Support
• Support for additional Content-Packs
• WAV File Export, 8..32bit up to 96kHz: Sum or Track by Track Export for later use in Ableton, FL or any Digital Audio Workstation of your choice
• Real-Time Audio Recording of your Live Sessions, 8..32bit up to 96kHz
• MIDI File Export: Pattern MIDI Export for later use in your favorite DAW or MIDI Sequencer
• SoundCloud Upload Integration
Cross Dj is a pro DJ app for Android. Mix tracks in perfect sync on a powerful audio engine. Engineered by Mixvibes, digital DJing pioneer for 15 years.
FULL VERSION, ALL FX INCLUDED – NO ADDITIONAL PURCHASES, NO POP-UPS
/// MIX IN PERFECT SYNC
• Accurate BPM detection of your music, down to the last decimal.
• Stable Sync: one-press, and the 2 tracks never go out of phase.
• Split Mono: Pre-listen your music tracks before mixing them.
• Progressive, manual pitch bend.
• Customizable, manual pitch range (4, 8, 16, 32, 100%).
• Accurate Beat-grid editing: make any track sync properly.
• Parallel waveforms mode to visually check if your tracks are synced.
• New Quantize feature : hot cues and loops are automatically set on the beat.
• Smart-seek: Tap on the waveform to fast-forward & get a seamless jump.
• Automix: Let Cross DJ mix your tracks and play music automatically, from any sources (playlist, album, etc.).
• External mixer: control EQs and crossfader with hardware mixers.
/// OUTSTANDING AUDIO PERFORMANCE
• Best mix performance for an Android DJ app.
• Low latency: music reacts instantly to your actions.
• Extremely realistic scratch sound as on real turntables.
• 15 effects (Bi-filter, Low-pass, Hi-Pass, Delay, Echo, Phaser, Flanger, Cut, Crush, Bliss, Brake, Roll, etc.).
• Keylock mode: change BPM without affecting the tone.
• No load time when starting-up the app.
• Autogain: automatically equalizes the levels of 2 tracks.
• SoundCloud integration: Play streamed tracks in seconds.
/// INTUITIVE INTERFACE
• 2 turntables, full-fledged 3-band EQ mixer – with DJM EQ preset.
• Sampler: 12 sample banks + possibility to record your own samples.
• Large buttons, optimized for small screens.
• Crossfader with 3 modes: cut, autofade, normal.
• This music player is compatible with MP3s, AAC, FLAC and more.
• Multiple sorting options: Sort your library by title, artist, album, BPM or length.
• History pane: display previously mixed tracks.
• Navigation by folder.
• Adjust the tempo by moving the turntable forward / backward.
• Large control pads: XY effect pad, 16 hot-cues pads.
• HQ live recording of your mixes.
• Display remaining time of your tracks.
• Optimized for mobile & tablet.
• Mix Soundcloud : Explore, play and mix all SoundCloud. No premium account needed.
• Optimized for Intel processors.
FL Studio Mobile 3 will be available for Android, iOS and Windows (Phone and App) very soon. Here are some videos showing the new features.
• High quality instruments, drum kits & sliced-loop beats
• Step sequencer for fast percussion programming and sliced-loop reworking
• Configurable virtual piano-keyboard
• Drum pads: Configurable
• Audio tracks: audio recording (with monitoring), wav import
• Wave editor:
• Browser with preview button and logical sorting into Instruments, Synths, Drum kits & Loops
• Pan, volume, release and attack time configurable per instrument
• High quality, battery-friendly audio engine (latency depends on the device)
• Drum loops and sliced loops ready to start your project with a cool beat
• Effects include Limiter, Compressor, Reverb, Delay, EQ, Distortion, Filter and more to enhance your mix
• Multi-track sequencer and intuitive editing options
• Per-track mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment
• Edit at the level of tracks, bars or down to individual notes
• Piano roll editor for manual entry of note & chord sequence data or detailed editing of recorded performances
• Undo for all editable screens
• Metronome with tempo settings
• Intuitive positioning of screens with the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Save and load your songs, export to WAV and AAC
• Share your songs via Sync to other Mobile 3 devices
• In-app user manual
• Android 4.1 or later required
• Configurable to work with all screen resolutions and sizes.
NOTE: A custom ROM, a rooted Android OS (with privileged apps installed) and antivirus software can cause significant performance issues.
* “FL Studio” desktop PC version (sold separately) is installed, on average, over 30,000 times each DAY making it one of the world’s most popular and exciting music production systems. Everything you need in one package to compose, arrange, record, edit, mix and master professional quality music, the perfect studio partner for FL Studio Mobile. You can download the demo version of the FL Studio Desktop PC version and enhance your FL Studio Mobile projects for free then save to audio format.
*** Introductory Sale ***
To celebrate the release, the full version of Music Studio is 33% off for one week!Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for mobile devices with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 11 studio-quality instruments (118 in the full version), a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
• Why does the Android version have less features than the iOS version?
Music Studio for Android is several versions behind (2.0 vs. 2.6). Both versions will be consolidated in version 3.0. For details, see www.xewton.com or the in-app help.
• Why is there a latency between touching a key and hearing the sound?
The latency is quite high on many Android devices, see the FAQ in the in-app help.
• Black bars are visible at the left and right screen borders on some Android devices.
This will be resolved in version 3.0.
• Photorealistic dynamically configurable 85-key keyboard
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• 11 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• Audio file import (wav and m4a)
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 10 drum loops
• High-quality reverb and resonant filter and limiter effect
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo and signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
LIMITATIONS OF THE LITE VERSION
• Saving, exporting and sharing is disabled, hence only one song can be created.
• Only 11 instead of 118 instruments are available.
• The number of audio tracks is limited to 2 (up to 127 in the full version).
• 3 Effects are not available: Delay, EQ and Amp
• Only 10 instead of 100 beats
• MIDI import/export is disabled.
• No add-on packages (+60 instruments)
Visit the forum at www.xewton.com – Questions, feedback and bug reports are welcome!
Video tutorials are available on the Xewton YouTube channel.
New Caustic 3.2 version in the works. Here are some hinted new features:
New “melody helper” to lock keyboards to scales
Support for more time signatures (3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4) from the song page and in pattern editors
Allow for multi-signature tracks by unlocking measure snap in sequencer
Tool to create new PCMSynth instruments by merging your rack.
New machine: SawSynth JP8000 for Android
– Octaver (use with simple, single-voice machines)
PCMSynth: Stereo sample support
Modular: Added stereo out to machine input component
Bassline: Custom waveform support
8BitSynth: Random equation generator
Patterns show preview of notes
Quick jump table by long-pressing sequencer machine list
Create machine by double tapping empty slot
Automation editor workflow visual crosshairs
Wave editor enhancements:
– Stereo file support
– Stereo recording if your device has 2 mics
– Effect support
– BPM detection
– Insert silence
– Time ruler w/snap
Added mixer + transport MIDI mappings
Added support for using MIDI notes as CC triggers
Effect bypass is now keyable
Improved on-screen keyboard with uppercase/lowercase support
New loop and stem export options
HD compressed texture support for skins (just Android right now)
Windows 7/8 touchscreen support
Added a few more keyboard key width options for large screens
Caustic 3 on Amazon
What’s new in version 3.1.0
– New synth: KSSynth
– 2 new Modular components
– Undo/Redo in pianoroll editors
– MIDI Pitch bend + CC mappings
– Metronome count-in
– Velocity pads for BeatBox
– Skinning support
8Tones is an app where users can create 8-bit music/chiptune music on the go.
Create 8-bit music
5 channels (channel 0 – square 50%, channel 1 – square 25%, channel 2 – square 25%, channel 3 – triangle, channel 4 – beats/noise)
Tracker like interface
Customizable interface like accent colors and background
Developed By: Guova Games
Read from external storage
Connect to paired bluetooth devices
Open network sockets
Write to external storage
Access information about networks
Minimum Operating System: Android 2.3
Approximate Download Time: Less than 90 seconds
Help and info http://guova.weebly.com/8toneshelp.html
iRig 2 offers complete compatibility with Samsung’s new line of Samsung Professional Audio devices. That means you can play and process with the full power of AmpliTube with your Galaxy Note 3, Note 4, Galaxy Edge, Galaxy S5 and the forthcoming Galaxy S6.
Plus iRig 2 now also offers compatibility with Android 5 devices. As the most convenient way to bring a guitar signal into a mobile device, it lets musicians use the hundreds of available tuning and recording apps available, such as the forthcoming UltraTuner for Android.
1/4” instrument input for use with guitar, bass and other line instruments
1/4” amplifier output for use with an external amplifier without an adaptor
1/8” TRRS output for use with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Android
1/8” headphone output
Compact and lightweight design
Selectable dual-mode switch: FX and THRU
Input gain thumbwheel for easy signal control
Comes with microphone stand Velcro strip
Comes with AmpliTube FREE and a full suite of powerful IK applications and software
A digital rig with physical presence
With iRig 2, you’ll be able to enjoy IK’s full range of AmpliTube apps (the #1 app for guitar players). It’s ready to go right out of the box. It comes with a powerful cross-platform suite of apps and software that includes free versions of AmpliTube for iOS, Android and Mac/PC.
To use, just download your preferred version for iOS from the App Store. Then plug your guitar or bass into iRig 2, plug your amplifier or headphones into your device and launch the app.
The J4T is a compact 4-track recorder, designed to record your song ideas, demos and sound-sketches easy and anywhere. This mini studio offers a lot of basic audio features to explore: jam to your imported or recorded loops, edit your audioclips, add effects like Delay and Chorus, share your session to Soundcloud and other platforms. In other words: a great tool for songwriters and other creative musicians.
* Four tracks available to record or import on
* Audio effects: Fuzz, Chorus, Delay, Equalizer, Reverb
* Sharing with SoundCloud, Google Drive, Gmail, DropBox etc.
* Import/Export your own music (MP3/WAV)
* Loop function (with snap to beat function)
* Record with metronome and count off
* Stereo panning
* Bounce tracks to free track-space
* Track editing
* The app doesn’t work well on the Samsung Galaxy Ace, Samsung Spica, the Samsung Moment, the Motorola Triumph.