Caustic 2 is a rack-mount simulation that combines synthesisers, a sampling drum machine, and effects to create music. Everything is optimized for real-time performance, no internet connection required.
Create your rack by adding any 6 of these machines:
Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
BassLine synthesizer (303-like synth)
Sampling drum machine
The app also includes:
Effects rack supporting 2 effects per machine. (7 effect types)
Mixer desk with global Delay/Reverb
All files are stored on the SDCard, and users can supply their own WAV files for use in the PCMSynths and BeatBox.
Minimum device specs are:
800 MHz ARMv7 processor
800 x 480 resolution screen
Headphones or external speakers recommended
Unlock the full version buy purchasing the “CAUSTIC Unlock Key”. The full version enables song saving as well as exporting to WAV, Ogg and MIDI.
SDCard: All samples and songs are stored on your sdcard.
Wake Lock: A few people have requested an option to keep the app awake, this is now available through the menu options.
Billing: To unlock the app for those who bought it with in the old in-app purchase in v1.0
INTRODUCING CAUSTIC 3!!!!!
Caustic 3 is a music creation tool inspired by rack-mount synthesizers / samplers rigs.
Everything is real-time and optimized for mobile devices.
Create your rack by adding up to 14 machines from a choice of:
* Subsynth – Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
* PCMSynth – Multi-sample wave synthesizer
* BassLine – 303-like monosynth
* BeatBox – 8-channel sampling drum machine
* PadSynth – Harmonic table pad synthesizer
* 8BitSynth – 8bit equation solver synthesizer
* Modular – Fully configurable and routable synthesizer
* Organ – Hammond-like tonewheel organ with rotary speaker
* Vocoder – 8-band harmonic vocoder
* FMSynth – DX-style 3-operator fm synthesizer
* KSSynth – Karplus-Strong string modeling synth (new!)
The app also includes:
* Effects rack supporting 2 effects per machine. (16 effect types)
* Mixer desk with global Delay/Reverb effects
* Master section with parametric EQ and limiter
* Song sequencer
Supports automation on most controls and includes powerful editors for modifying recorded automation curves.
All files are stored on the user-accessible storage, and users can supply their own WAV files for use in the PCMSynth, BeatBox, and Vocoder.
Supports all uncompressed WAV files (8-16-24-32bit, any sampling rate).
The PCMSynth can also load SoundFont files (.sf2), SFZ and FL Studio mobile instruments (.instr, .ZIP)
Class-compliant USB MIDI controllers can be connected via USB OTG cable on devices running at least Android 3.2 and supporting USB host mode.